As we are now entering into a new stage of the COVID-19 health crisis where social restrictions are beginning to be relaxed, the Wendouree-Ballarat Rowing Club would like to invite its membership to return to use of the club and its equipment. There are several steps we must take to be able to return to rowing, these are:
- No more than 10 individuals in the shed at any one time.
- If you have flu like symptoms, please stay home.
- WBRC is open for accessing the lake / rowing only – the kitchen & upstairs bar are both off limits.
- All members must sign into calendar in ergo room for each session.
- You are encouraged to avoid using the shed change rooms & toilets.
- A nominated safety officer must be present at each session (this can be any adult, primary responsibility is to ensure RV Return to Rowing COVID-19 policy is followed. Draft policy can be found here, this is a working document).
- Safety Officer procedure is posted on the notice board above the sign in diary.
- Any member accessing WBRC outside of structured training times is the self-appointed safety officer.
- All members must sanitize their hands on entry to the building.
- When using club equipment, equipment will be washed / sanitized at the completion of the training session.
- No crew boats are to be rowed.
- Single sculls only.
- No loitering in the shed.
- Follow the 1.5m social distancing rules.
- Please BYO hand sanitizer and boat wash.
- Any member accessing the WBRC outside of scheduled group sessions must email Alicia in advance of accessing WBRC.
The Wendouree-Ballarat RC is open for use right now!!! As the club has not been used in some time we need volunteers on Sunday 17th May to assist with a socially distanced working bee to give the club and equipment a good clean. If you are available please register below.
Adult & masters rowers are encouraged to begin sculling right now! If you reside in a house with multiple rowers then you are able to row in a single scull or a pair / double scull – this is the only exception to the rules above. All adult & masters members must email Alicia in advance of accessing WBRC, to ensure we are not breaking the 10 person limit.
A group sculling session is on offer for all adult & masters rowers from Sunday 24th May, registration link is below. Start time will be finalised once members have signed up & indicated their preference.
We also ask that adult & masters members avoid accessing the shed when junior training is on, this is due to the 10 individuals at a time occupancy rule, junior session times are listed below.
Regular junior squad rowing training will also be resuming under the same guidelines as mentioned above, we have 4 options for juniors to return to rowing. Please nominate your preferred day below. No more than 8 junior rowers in a single session, 1-2 coaches / safety officers attending, single sculling only.
Junior Rowing sessions Term 2 2020: (Beginning Monday 18th May)
- Monday 4:00pm – 5:30pm
- Tuesday 4:00pm – 5:30pm (reserved for new junior members & learn to scull)
- Wednesday 4:00pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday 4:00pm – 5:30pm
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Alicia or Paul.
JUNIOR ROWING TRAINING SIGN UP
MASTERS TRAINING SESSION SIGN UP
SOCIALLY DISTANCED WORKING BEE SIGN UP